Sunday, June 9, 2013

Falling Skies Promos II

They're here.

Falling Skies is raining down upon us once again with aliens, technology, probes, harnesses and a number of exciting new surprises for Season Three. 

Falling Skies brings in some fairly heavy hitters with Terry O'Quinn (Lost, Millennium) already making a landing in Season Two.  Doug Abe Sapien Jones (Hellboy and other Guillermo del Toro films, Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer) joins the cast as an alien friendly (?).

Remi Aubuchon (Stargate Universe, Caprica) steps in as showrunner for Falling Skies, following his Season Two finale co-authorship on A More Perfect Union, and promises to make Season Three the strongest yet behind two already impressive summer runs with an ever-growing and more complex mythology.  Aubuchon penned Visitation and Seizure for Stargate Universe Season Two.  He also co-created Battlestar Galactica prequel series Caprica with Ronald D. Moore and co-wrote the Pilot for the series with Moore.

We'll even be graced by an appearance from Star Trek: The Next Generation's Jonathan Frakes (ST:TNG First Contact, ST:TNG Insurrection, Thunderbirds) on directorial chores for the penultimate episode for Season Three called Journey To Xilbalba.

It's sure to be an excellent summer for science fiction.  Now, should I go with the popcorn or Dove bar tonight for the two-hour premiere? I've also come up with a nifty nuts, chocolate topping and peanut butter concoction.  It's Sunday, I'll enjoy these tough decisions for a day.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
You have to love the Trust No One tagline.

4 comments:

SFF said...

I will post an additional follow-up to the post only to note that Falling Skies' premiere in the form of On Thin Ice and Collateral Damage was perhaps two of the best hours of science fiction television I have enjoyed in some time. Amazing with loads of new twists on classic sci-fi conventions. It looked great. It was exciting. There were loads of unknowns and it was filled with more complexity than ever.

Falling Skies has really been a gradual build in the best possible way and everyone should be getting on board already. Wow.

TL Foreman said...

SFF,

I told you man. It's a fantastic series and just keeps getting better.

SFF said...

So right. Excellent stuff.

I was blown away by how much more was going on when you compare it to the first season.

I read Remi Aubuchon is departing to write novels and that David Eick will step in if it is renewed. It darn well better be renewed. It's fantastic!

TL Foreman said...

SFF,

I don't think you have to worry about it being renewed. From what I am hearing from my source at TNT, it's pretty much a lock.

I can't say enough about Noah Wylie's performance on that show. I mean, there are several good actors on the show, but if Noah's character wasn't believable, I don't think it would lend much credibility to the rest of the characters on the show. I have new found respect for him.