Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Daiku Maryu (in Watercolor)

It dawned on me I never posted this effort and entry into The Sci-Fi Fanatic painting series.

I posted the one I did recently of The Phoenix from Battle Of The Planets, but omitted posting about this one completed before it.

This is the Daiku Maryu from Gaiking.

I'm a big fan of mech and spaceships and this one is like a hybrid of the two. Anyone who knows the series Gaiking knows that Gaiking is assembled from the head of the great ship called the Daiku Maryu.

The watercolors really popped on this one and I was generally thrilled with the overall final product.

I'm always finding flaws and things that I would like to have improved upon, but nothing is perfect.

In fact, the back drop was a complete disaster, but the end result was much better than it appeared it was going to be. I really need to nail those backdrops first and have a better plan on these things. I'm always so fixated on the ships or mech and tend to overlook the need for a strong background.

Anyway, this is the end result for Gaiking's Daiku Maryu, the great space dragon.

No comments: