Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blogger Argh!

Blogger really does tick me off. I spun my wheels for awhile working on the aesthetic for this blog. It was time I didn't plan for, but suddenly, without warning, out of the blue, Blogger did one of its changes again. ARGH! I like to sleep! Instead, it was back to the drawing board. Did anyone else notice these issues?

Why Blogger? Why do you have to do that? The picture for the header was no longer loading with the same sizing. It still isn't and it's always something. Listen, change is fine. I'm okay with it, but when they make changes and things stop working the way they're supposed to work, it gets frustrating.

So, I had to adapt. Folks, adapting is the only way to live. You know the saying- "Adapt or die." I think that was the title to an Everything But The Girl remix CD. Anyway, I'm adapting. I'll have to make do and make adjustments accordingly, but it's ever so annoying to find things have changed when you're not expecting it.

I know technical people need to make changes, but it would be nice if those changes didn't affect normal operations that are working just fine. Blogger peeves me off on this front. Nevertheless, I can't complain too much, otherwise I wouldn't have this great forum to yell at them for making those changes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've given up. I'm on FTP. That goes away in the next two weeks. Their custom domains isn't something I want to do, as my template then has to be plain HTML and Flash, not PHP for me. Screw that! I'm ready to move to Wordpress, but my host is talking about doing an upgrade. When is a good question. I've got everything ready to go, I've already converted things on another server.

SFF said...

: ) Bryan, so nice to hear I'm not the only one that gets ticked off.

I like stability. It just makes life easier.

I thought maybe I was whining too much about it, but clearly you are right there with me. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hey man,

I don't know if it helps, but I read everything through Google Reader, so the only times I see any of this is when I comment, which isn't often enough. I don't know why that would help, but it's Monday morning and writing a pointless comment beats working. ;)

SFF said...

Ha! Oh, The pain.