Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Blogger Interface (Sigh)

I've requested the help of one red hot Hayden Panettiere to highlight this brief update.  She readily accepted the invitation and told me, "No problem Sci-Fi Fanatic." 

Honestly, I tried to be optimistic.  I tried to keep an open mind.  I like the layout of the new Blogger interface, but friends I am composing posts like I am running through a vat of molasses.  Typing and navigating is much slower.  Composing the posts as I like to do with images and video is taking some time to figure out.  There are significant delays in typing.

Now, mind you, I don't have the newest computer, but at just a year old I expect performance to be there at least better than this.

Unfortunately I am finding that the new interface is much more time-intensive to navigate.  It's a work in progress.  I'm making efforts to figure it out and be back on line soon.  I've even tried upgrading to a Dynamic View for the front page, but alas it did not work well with the iPad.

It's a process, but the verdict is still out.  I can't be the only one experiencing these issues.  Sigh.

7 comments:

le0pard13 said...

We're with 'ya, buddy. Whatever way you go with your blog, we'll follow (ahem... one word: Wordpress).

SFF said...

Thats why you rock! I know you like that word reds... Don't think I don't consider it.

SFF said...

You have to love the auto correct. That was suppose to be word press not word reds. Technology is a beautiful thing isn't it?

Maurice Mitchell said...

Takes some getting used to. The only complaint I have is it's hard to get to the HTML of the template. Wordpress is great except they don't import templates without paying.

le0pard13 said...

"Wordpress is great except they don't import templates without paying."

That's true, Maurice. However, given the growing number of templates they offer free to their users, and some really great premium ones available for a price out there, a move to WP does open up new possibilities in format for the likes of someone like SFF.

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

It's the final straw for me, & I've jumped ship for less googled pastures.

Maybe someone will write a Firefox plug-in that spoofs the old interface & passes your data on to the new one. That would work, right?

Makes me wonder why they couldn't leave the old one hooked up (other than that warm fuzzy feeling they get from yanking our chains).
~Vincent

SFF said...

This is clearly an area everyone has been on the receiving end of in one form or another.

Great input mike, Maurice and Vincent. Still hanging tough with it. The jury is out.

There are some things that I am finding better with others I'm not so certain. We shall endure friends.

Thanks forth input here. It's good to se where people stand on it.