Friday, March 20, 2020

I Remember That: My Favorite Toy


That caption killed me.

It's true some of the toys were amazing from our childhood and, without question, given their quality seemed to unwittingly double as weapons. Many toys are simply junk, but there are a few specialty places out there making the good stuff but those toys come at a significant price. If so inclined share with us your favorite toy from childhood and maybe something more recent that you love.


I would say the blue diecast Thunderbird 2, from Thunderbirds, and Getter Liger (from the Shogun Warriors collection) diecast figures were among my favorites as a kid and they could indeed hurt you. Vintage 1970s quality at its finest.



I also had that green Tonka cement mixer. It was a gem and could easily double as a large, skull-crushing boulder. Additionally I had a yellow Tonka tractor with the bucket and a steering wheel that was full metal. I found a picture of it. I also had the Tonka grader.


Today, the diecast reproductions of Brian Johnson's Eagle, from Space:1999, are likely among my very favorite new toys in the Episode Collection series by Sixteen 12 Collectibles. They are exquisite and just beautiful in their detail.

Never grow up completely folks. It's just way too much fun, expensive when can be afforded but fun.

No comments: