Friday, June 29, 2012

Thunderbirds At The Egyptian Theatre

That's right people. It's FAB FRIDAY! In fact, FAB FRIDAY is so explosive this week they simply couldn't contain it in just one day. It's a weekend full of FAB and all things wondrous in the world of Thunderbirds as envisioned by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson.

This post comes compliments of one Leopard 13 and his love of all things cinema-related over at It Rains... You Get Wet.

If you have the stroke of good fortune to live close enough to the Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, CA you can enjoy all things Thunderbirds beginning today. On June 29,30 and July 1 all things FAB explode from the big screen like it was the 1960s all over.

Thunderbirds Are Go [1966] and Thunderbird 6 [1968] are both playing June 29 [today] at 7:30 PM at the Egyptian Theatre.

On Saturday, June 30, roll back the clock for three episodes of Thunderbirds in the Spielberg Theatre at the Egyptian. The classic Trapped In The Sky, Sun Probe and The Uninvited all begin at 7:30 PM. Click on the episodes for full retrospectives by yours truly, The Sci-Fi Fanatic.

Now, if that's not enough, Sunday, July 1, brings three more entries from the world of all things GO with three more at the Egyptian. The Perils Of Penelope, Terror In New York City and Attack of The Alligators will be brought to you in Full FAB color.

So folks, gas up the old Thunderbird 2 [especially if you have a posse], invest in some Raisinets and popcorn and head on over to the Egyptian. Weekends like this are few and far between for fans of all things Anderson. Unfortunately, if you're like me you can only dream of seeing something like this on the big screen. In the meantime, I'm stuck here on my little old island. Oh well. Tin Tin, care for a swim?

4 comments:

le0pard13 said...

This is going to be something, alright. If I can, I'll try and make this. And thanks for the shout-out, my friend.

SFF said...

If you get there my friend, let us know what you think!
Cheers!
SFF

Fritz "Doc" Freakenstein said...

I was a huge fan of Thunderbirds in the 60's, so when Thunderbirds Are Go finally arrived in my local theater in the summer of 1968, I not only managed to talk my parents into driving me to the theater to see it, but my two best pals as well!

The Cameo Theater was one of those classic old theaters with a balcony, but my friends and I (we were 9, 10 & 12 years old) sat right up front to see all the action! My favorite part was the gigantic snake-like aliens that poped out of the craters on the Moon. WiIcked cool,

SFF said...

Doc.

That's a great memory. Thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean. I have such vivid memories of my parents taking me to see some of the craziest films.

My father took me to see Blue Thunder, Godzilla Vs. Megalon and I remember a Drive-in experience seeing Doug McClure in Warlords Of Atlantis. These memories are so vivid. Cheers Doc! sff